Did you know that you can disable the Import All Requests button in the Import Queue screen in STMS?
Have you ever experienced an accidental use of the Import All Requests button? It’s understandable how this could happen. The buttons are located side-by-side and look fairly similar:
It creates a lot of work for the team, to recover from the accidental use of the Import All Requests button. The good news is, that there is a way to prevent this from happening. I’ll show you how to remove the Import All Requests button. If the button isn’t present, you can’t click on it — accidents avoided!
You may ask yourself how you would import all requests after making this change. Don’t worry, it’s still possible… it just takes a little more work. You can still select a block of requests up to, and including, all requests. Once you’ve selected the block, you click the Import Request button.
Finally, keep in mind that this parameter is set on a per-system basis. This is good, because you don’t have to disable the button across your TMS landscape, if you don’t want to.
Here’s how to disable the Import All Requests button:
- Log in to the transport domain controller system and run transaction STMS
- Click on the System Overview button
- Double-click on the row for the system, where you want to disable the Import All Requests button
- Enter change mode by clicking the Display <-> Change button
- Switch to the Transport Tool tab
- Select a row in the table
- Click on the Insert Row button
- In the empty table row, set the Parameters field to NO_IMPORT_ALL and set the Value field to 1
- Click the Save button
- Answer the dialog Distribute TMS configuration
Once you have distributed the change to the system you changed, take a look at the Import Queue screen for that system — the Import All Requests button is no longer displayed: