The Tile Shop is a leading specialty retailer of man-made and natural stone tiles, setting and maintenance materials, and related accessories in the United States. The Tile Shop currently operates 143 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia, with an average size of 20,000 square feet.
Since its founding in 1985, The Tile Shop has committed to offering a wide selection of high-quality products, expert staff, and amazing customer service. As The Tile Shop has a long commitment to viewing customers as partners, they were looking to improve their customer experience, automate the sales and order process, and increase their margin on sales. After years of initiatives, homegrown products, and multiple POS solutions, The Tile Shop found DataXstream and OMS+.
After previously investing in a Point of Sale (POS) solution, The Tile Shop found that the solution did not integrate with their order management solution, leaving a siloed system in its place. This disparate approach caused The Tile Shop to strip down to their core SAP ERP – attempting to utilize the cash drawer and payment configuration, resulting in an unsustainable process. The Tile Shop needed a solution that could bring these disparate solutions together.
The Tile Shop recognized the need for greater visibility across the supply chain, improved upselling for a better customer experience, and a high-performance order management solution that meets both growth and performance goals.
Solution: OMS+ by DataXstream
DataXstream OMS+ is an advanced order management and point-of-sale solution that leverages SAP data to help your business run better. OMS+ allowed for real-time interaction with the supply chain and significantly reduced system support costs. Built and deployed on SAP®’s Cloud Platform, OMS+ when paired with SAP®’s S/4 HANA, Business Suite for HANA, S/4HC EX or ECC, provided further real-time insight into call centers and products. No other order management / POS product on the market achieves this level of visibility at scale.
The implementation of OMS+, powered by SAP, has delivered the following capabilities and benefits to The Tile Shop:
- Reduced store closing time and effort
- Eliminated manual processes and paperwork
- Reduced order process friction
- Reduced end-to-end sales process cycle time
- Improved inventory utilization and accuracy
- Improved customer and employee experience
- Increased sales margins
- Accelerated store expansion
- Increased process improvements through order management integration with POS solution
Discovering the right solution on SAP APP Store helped The Tile Shop upgrade its order-management system. The Tile Shop is now expanding their order management capabilities and accelerating their store expansion initiative due to the ease of use and flexibility of OMS+. OMS+ improves the customer experience, increases order accuracy, reduces the Cost to Service by processing orders faster and shortening the order processing cycle, and minimizing training time for new sales associates.
By implementing DataXstream OMS+ as their point-of-sale and order management system, The Tile Shop streamlined their operations and provided better customer service. The system allowed for a single point of truth within inventory updates, automated order processing, and easy access to customer information. The staff was able to process orders faster and more accurately, resulting in increased customer satisfaction. The system also allowed for better sales agility and visibility, which helped the business make informed decisions about inventory management and sales processes. Overall, DataXstream OMS+ proved to be a valuable asset for The Tile Shop and helped them improve their business operations and scale green store growth.
Realized Benefit of DataXstream OMS+ for The Tile Shop:
- Increased bottom line: The Tile Shop has seen a 1.6% increase in margin in our stores which translates into a +$7 million to the bottom line.
- Return on investment: We have calculated our ROI on the OMS+ subscription to be around 7 days.
- Reduced systems costs: Between stock and non-stock Inventory, they have reduced their cost of inventory by $55 million while adding new stores and overall sales volume.
- Market Agility and Scalability: DataXstream OMS+ aided in adapting to COVID disruption and afforded The Tile Shop to fund additional business acquisitions and expansion plans for the next year without any capital from their board.
“The collaboration and flawless execution between DataXstream, and SAP helped The Tile Shop see a team of one that had their best interest at heart. The solution provided will help The Tile Shop have greater insight to their day-to-day business.”
Brandon Skaare, Senior SAP Account Executive